AAFA Announces Elected Board Members and Officers
(Washington, D.C.) – The American Apparel & Footwear Association today announced its recently elected and re-elected board members. Members are elected to serve a three- year term from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2019. AAFA’s board also rotates its officers every year and appoints one board member to Secretary. Officer positions were assumed on March 16.
Officers of the AAFA Board of Directors for the 2016-2017 term are:
- Robert DeMartini, President and Chief Executive Officer, New Balance Athletics, Inc. as Chairman.
- Paula Zusi, Global Operating Advisor – Retail Supply Chain, Advent International Corporation as Vice Chair.
- Thomas Glaser, Vice President of VF and President – Global Supply Chain, VF Corporation as Treasurer.
- Gary Simmons, President and CEO, Gerber Childrenswear, LLC as Secretary.
Newly elected and re-elected Board members are:
- Mala Brindisi, Executive Vice President – Supply Chain, Spanx, Inc.
- Thomas Chubb, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Oxford Industries
- Richard Darling, Executive Director – Government and Public Affairs, Li & Fung LTD
- Kellie Davies Brown, Director-TSS Accessories, Target
- Robert DeMartini, President and Chief Executive Officer, New Balance Athletics, Inc.
- Abbey Doneger, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Doneger Group
- Allan Ellinger, Senior Managing Partner, MMG Advisors
- Al Gervais, Chief Operations Officer, Marc Fisher Footwear
- Thomas Glaser, Vice President of VF and President – Global Supply Chain, VF Corporation
- Edward Gribbin, President, Alvanon, Inc.
- Bernard Leifer, President and CEO, SGFootwear
- Ed Manburg, CFO, Byer California
- Michael Mansh, President, Pennsylvania Apparel LLC
- Bruce Munro, CEO, Munro & Company, Inc.
- James Schwartz, President and Chief Executive Officer, MGF Sourcing
- Gary Simmons, President and CEO, Gerber Childrenswear, LLC
- Paula Zusi, Global Operating Advisor – Retail Supply Chain, Advent International Corporation
The board member announcements were made this week at AAFA’s Executive Summit, which took place alongside the spring Board of Directors Meeting in Washington, D.C.
At the Board meeting, AAFA approved and announced its three-year strategic plan which will focus on delivering exclusive expertise in brand protection, supply chain management, and trade for the apparel and footwear industry.
AAFA’s full board consists of 49 members from across the industry. A full list of the AAFA board can be found on AAFA’s website: www.wewear.org/about/board-of-directors/.